Friday, October 14, 2011

I got your back!

So, I felt compelled to write this tonight.  Because a group I belong to is an "open" group, I know you can see that something has me a bit riled up.  I won't go into the details now.  My friend doesn't need to relive the details any more than she has to but I will say this.  I was questioned as to why I keep posting in response to her attackers.  I prayed about it, wondering if I was doing the right thing....I'm not name calling, hating on, or slandering anyone.  I also had a discussion with my husband about it.  After all, he is my best friend and the part that completes me.  When I had his backing as well as peace in my heart about it, I felt I should explain here.

My daddy used to say (as well as many other people and it's in many songs,) "if you don't stand for something, you fall for anything."  "To have friends, you must show yourself friendly."  "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  "greater love than no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friend."  Part of those quotes are scripture and I have something else on my heart to write about as well so I'm trying to make this quick.  When I get a minute, I'll come back and add the books and verse numbers they are found in.

If you've not known me personally or only knew me for a short time, there is probably a characteristic, or quality if you will, about me that you are not aware of.  When you are my FRIEND, and I feel you are being wronged, I will back you 100%.  I may get angry with others in the process and that's ok as long as that anger does not cause me to sin.  Jesus became angry with the money changers in the temple.  He yelled at them and knocked over tables and ran them out yet he was a man without sin.  He stood for what He believed in and what he knew was right.  When Christ was carrying the cross after having been beaten over and over and over by the soldiers, he needed help.  He needed someone to take the weight off of his back and place it on theirs.   We all have moments in our lives where we are weak and need someone to bear that weight for us.  If you are my friend and I can help do that, I will.  Even you are not my friend and I feel you are being wronged, I WILL step in.  That's just who I am.  I love with all I have and I don't hold back.  Maybe that's a weakness maybe not, I don't know.  I know sometimes it does cause me to be a bit more burdened but it's also those times those burdens are so heavy that it brings me to my knee's and I look to God for help.  If I'm to be an example, I'm to emulate what Christ would do.  If I could paint a physical picture for you I would.  If Christ was walking this earth today in fleshly form and he saw someone being attacked that was too weak to defend them self or was grieving something so terrible they just didn't feel they had the strength to go on, I have NO doubt he would step in.  Look what He did for the prostitute that was being stoned.  He put a stop to it and told them, "let he who is without send cast the first stone."  I am not perfect, far from it but the older I get, the more of an example I try to set for my kids.  Not just because I have kids but because I've matured enough to feel that draw to be more like Christ.  I can not, in good conscience, sit back and watch those hurting be knocked down even further.  When they feel they are too week to be their own voice, I will gladly step up and be their voice.  If their arms are too week to lift in praise to God, I will stand behind them and hold up their arms.  I can not apologize for that and I can not back down until the battle is over.  With God all things are possible and He is making a way before us!

Mandy, I love you!!  I will always be an ear and voice when you need one!  I pray the peace of God envelopes you each and every day.  I'm so sorry for what you've had to go through and what you are continuing to go through and if I knew of a way to make it all better I would.  Trust in God!  Know He loves you and that He see's you as His beautiful master piece!  Never forget what He's brought you through and what He will continue to bring you through!!!  Wish I could be there physically but since I can't be, I want you to know I am here prayerfully, emotionally, and verbally!

No comments:

Post a Comment